Invest in your
Raise a financially smart teen with the MoCard. Works like a debit card with credit-building and rewards on top. Get the card in 5 minutes, no required fees.
FDIC insurance up to $250k through Solid Bank Partners, Member FDIC.
Build their credit early and free of charge
Unlike a regular debit card, the MoCard enables your teen to build credit. It's theirs to keep when they turn 18, and there are no hidden costs, monthly fees, or credit checks.
Teach them financial independence while staying in control
With Modak, you're always in control of your teen's spending. They can only spend the money they saved from you or their after school jobs. Say goodbye to overdrafting and overspending.
Easy money managment
Get allowance into their account seamlessly through direct deposit, and they can spend it easily with the Visa MoCard or virtually, including Apple Pay or Google Pay.
Up to 10% Cashback on their purchases
Over 100,000 locations and 400 brands for them to get cashback with their Modak Visa Card.
Rewards for wellbeing and financial learning
Teens get rewarded for completing engaging challenges which encourage good life habits and financial learning. All powered by our in-app reward points.
Stay safe and sound
24/7 support with real people. FDIC insurance up to $250k through Solid Bank Partners, Member FDIC.
Building for the next generation
Modak is a US-based fintech platform that empowers teens to reach their full potential regardless of their background. Teens and families are joining Modak, making it the fastest growing fintech across the US.
Led by Madhu Yalamarthi (Stanford MBA and ex-Venture Capitalist) and supported by GGV Capital, Monashees, Maya Capital, Nazca VC, One VC, and 30+ leading investors and entrepreneurs.
Questions? We’ve got answers!
How does Modak make money?
Modak makes revenues from the interchange fees that Visa charges merchants for processing the transaction. Modak uses that revenue to offer MoCard and other services to our customers. Moreover, Modak generate revenue from our partnerships with brands on merchant offers.
How can I add family members?
- Go to https://app.modakmakers.com/parents and log in using your phone number. You will receive a verification code to confirm your login.
- Once logged in, you will be directed to the home page. Here, you will see the "Teen's Account" section and a "Add teen" button > click there.
- To complete the registration process, you will need to provide the following information about your teen: full name, email address, phone number, date of birth, and Social Security Number (SSN) (optional).
- Once the information is complete the next screen will allow you to request a virtual card. Click on the "Request virtual Card" button to proceed.
- You will be redirected to the parent's portal to complete the card ordering process.
- Once the process is complete your teen will need to:
- Download the Modak Makers app
- Sign in with the teen’s phone number you registered
- Voila! The teen will be able to see the MoCard on the mobile app.
How can I activate my MoCard?
Follow these instructions to activate the physical card:
- Sign in to your Teen Modak account using your login credentials. (Use the phone app). In case you have not yet downloaded the app you can download it here https://www.modakmakers.com/register/teen
- Once logged in, at the top of the banking screen, you will see a green button labeled "Activate". Click on this button.
- You will be prompted to enter the last 4 digits of your card number. Enter this information and click "Continue".
- Next, enter the expiration date of your card in the format MM/YY and click "Continue".
- Review the information you have entered to ensure that it is correct, and then click on the "Activate Now" button to complete the activation process.
- Your Modak card is now fully activated and ready to use.
- The virtual card will be activated automatically when issued.
What documents do I need to get the MoCard?
We will need to submit your parents information to the bank partner to open an account on your behalf This includes:
- A government-issued photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport
- Proof of address, such as a utility bill or bank statement
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- Personal email address
- Phone number
How does Modak keep sensitive personal info safe and secure?
We have implemented several ways to protect your personal information:
- Encryption: All sensitive information is encrypted in transit standard protocols.
- Access controls: Access to sensitive information is restricted to a limited number of authorized personnel, who are subject to background checks and ongoing security monitoring.
- Data protection policies: Modak has established strict data protection policies, including data retention and deletion policies, to ensure that sensitive information is not retained for longer than necessary.
- Compliance: Modak adheres to relevant security and privacy regulations, including those imposed by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), to ensure that sensitive information is handled in a manner that meets the highest standards of security and privacy.
There are no hidden fees associated with Modak. We don't charge for opening a card and most of our services. However, if you need expedited or premium services, our app will show you and ask for your permission before charging the fees. For example, we charge $0.50 for debit cards (and 3% extra for credit cards and Apple/Google Pay) when you load your kid’s modak card with your debit or credit cards. Do note that our normal ACH - funding via your other bank accounts - is free.
Get your teen’s card and help them start building their financial futureGet started